Everyone needs to follow these five basic lifestyle habits to maximize their energy. Make them part of your everyday habits. If you're still feeling tired it may mean signs of an underlying health condition that needs further attention. To find a expert in this area you can email firstname.lastname@example.org or call directly to 360 573 CARE (2273).
1) Get a good nights sleep! Everyone needs 7 to 8 hours of sleep a night, even if you feel you function well on 6. Research suggests that shortening your sleep shortens your life.
2) Eat a healthy protein choice for breakfast, and match it with a high fiber complex carbohydrate. Eating sugary muffins or breads without a protein to balance your meal will leave you dragging in the afternoon.
3) Go outside for a minimum of 20 minutes a day, rain or shine! Sky light is crucial for proper sleep, hormone balance and maintenance of a healthy body weight. Living in the Pacific NW we don't get near enough outside time, which leaves you susceptible to seasonal depression.
4) Move for 1 hour each day. Movement that raises your heart rate to 60% of your maximum based on your age is proven to maximize energy, improve sleep, reduce fat, and slow degenerative disease development.
5) Drink your weight in water! If you wait until you are thirsty to drink, you have already become dehydrated. To ensure you are getting enough water drink a full 8 oz glass upon rising and drink 4 oz every 2 hours throughout the day.